In this current pandemic situation most of the things have been transformed into digital mode and an internet connection is the base of this digital world . Router is such a device which helps in bridging or setting communication between the internet connection and the devices which could be mobile as well.
Well you can think about modem here but they are different from each other . Modem can be connected to only one device at a time but with the help of a router you can access the internet from multiple devices at the same time.
Arris is a telecommunications equipment Manufacturing company and they manufacture modem , routers, gateway devices and many more. Well, while installing a router one of the most important portions is to log in to it properly and to update the security settings from the main menu of the router to experience a secure and hassle free internet connectivity.
Arris Router comes in several different models but they all obey the same basic instructions to log in for the first time. Many users have been reported that, while installing the new Arris Router for the first time they have faced difficulties but now you have nothing to worry about.
In this article you will get all detailed briefing regarding it’s log in, methods of changing username and password, if any issues arise how to reset or reboot to get the solution. So scroll down to reach them.
How to Set Up an Arris Router
After receiving the box of the router you will proceed for it’s set up. To set up your router, the very first thing you need to do is to log in to the main menu of the router to get connected to your internet and then you can go for further steps. After that to get a safer internet connection you can reconstruct the settings including , changing the name and password of wireless SSID network, password of router, but above all you need to set up the Hardware of the router.
For this, you will need the router cable, two ethernet cords and A/C power cable. Well, in the box you can get only one ethernet cord, so in that case you need to either purchase or borrow to complete it’s setup. For instance, an Arris cable router needs coaxial cable included in the package. Here’s the steps to set up:
- Set up the connection between the router and the modem –
Firstly, in this step you will need an ethernet cord or coaxial cable modem and router.
The Ethernet cord is used to make the bridge between modem and router.So initially, connect your Arris cable router to the cable line with the coaxial cable from the box. Now, screw one end of the cable to the coaxial outlet in your home and connect it’s other end to the router.
- With other Ethernet cable connect the computer and router –
For this step you will need another ethernet cord.
Now take another ethernet cable and attach it to the ethernet port on the router’s back. On the other hand, attach the other end of the ethernet port to the computer but for wireless cases users can skip this step.
- Connect your router into an outlet with the A/C power cable –
For this method you will need a power cable.
Plug one end of the power cable into the outlet and another end to the router and wait for two to five minutes for its power on.
How to Log in to an Arris Router
Once the hardware setup is done on the Arris router, now you can go for the process of logging in. For this there are three ways to log in to Arris Router and they are : by using a web browser, by using the network name and password of SSID and lastly by using the mobile application. In this article you will get to know how to apply those steps to log in. They are as follows :
How to Login to an Arris Router with a Web Browser
You can log in to your Arris Router with the help of web browser and for this follow the steps :
- Firstly, locate the your device’s username and password which is on the back of it’s – You can find the default login credentials on the sticker which is sticking or it could be printed on the backside of the router and from there you need to find the password and username and also the username and password of SSID. Basically for the first step you will require the router’s username and password but not require to use SSID username and password till letter.
- Secondly, via your smartphone or computer open an internet browser – After finding the usernames and passwords from the router’s back, you need to enter your Arris router’s IP address and after that hit the enter button . Well, if you are unable to find it you can try one from these IP addresses :
- Thirdly, you can find the router’s login page is appearing on the browsers page–
Here, in the corresponding text boxes you need to type your Arris router’s default username and password. For most of the Arris Router the username and password are “admin” and “password” respectively. Well, you can bypass the password if you hardwired it to the computer.
- Finally, after giving credentials press enter key-
Press the enter key after giving all required information regarding the router and in the web browser, the router’s main menu will appear.
How to Log in to an Arris Router Using the SSID Network Name and Password
You need to find the default SSID network name and password before logging in to your router on a mobile device. You can track the default credentials printed or sticked on the back of your router. After getting login credentials go through those points :
- In your general settings there will be a submenu or wireless internet icon and this will be depending on your device. Firstly, you need to go to that icon.
- Then you will get a list of available connections there and from them opt for that network which is the same as with the SSID name which is listed or printed on the back of your Arris Router. After finding them, hit a click on it.
- Now, click on the connection and then you need to enter the default password which is available on the back of the router, when it is required. Now your device is connected to the internet.
- Now navigate to any internet browser on your device and go to the address bar. There you need to enter the router’s IP address and hit the enter button from your keyboard.
- After this you will reach the login page and there you need to type in the router’s default username and password combination. Hit the enter button from your keyboard to reach the main menu.
How to Log in to an Arris Router Using the Mobile App
You can easily log in if you have an Arris SURFboard with the help of the SURFboard application which is easily available at the Google Play store and Apple Store for download.
The installation of this model combined cable modem/ router is different than other Arris router but the app is very helpful.Well, some Arris Router will allow you to log in with the help of mobile app and this SURFboard application is only compatible with SURFboard cable router and modem. For this go through these steps :
- Firstly you need to connect the SURFboard cable and the modem using included coaxial cable.
- Go to Apple store or Google Play store from your device and download Arris SURFboard app and log in to the application.
- Then you need to scan the QR code when required, which is on the router.
- After scanning the app will take you to the Login and installation process accordingly.
Here you can find some YouTube tutorials which may help you.
In this video you can see how to find out the IP address, username and password by accessing the router’s menus.
This video will show how to install and activate SURF board modem and Wi-Fi router and also how to configure your router.
From this video you will get to see how to set Arris internet, Wi-Fi and voice modem.
How to Reset Arris Router
You may require to perform the reset of your router due to technical issues or if you’re facing trouble while logging in. Or else if you are unable to recall the username and password combination made by you, you need to reset your router to get it back in it’s initial form. Means with default credentials you can change your username and password again as you desire.
You need to keep this in your mind that reset and reboot are not the same thing. For instance, after power outage or there’s a problem with your unit to get connected, rebooting takes place and it is quite common.
Rebooting stands for turning off and turning on the Router which won’t affect your settings but a factory reset deletes all settings including username and password set by you.
Resetting an Arris Router
If your facing problem doesn’t solve with rebooting then you have to go for factory reset and this can be performed in three methods:with the main menu on the internet browser, hitting reset button and 30-30-30 method.
It is recommended that except A/C cable unplug other wires before doing reboot or reset.
Rebooting Arris Router
Generally technical issues can be solved with it. But if it persists then you’ll have to go for resetting. For this you can apply any of them:
- Hold the power button until the router turns off and press it again to turn it on.
- Or you can unplug it from its power source and after five minutes plug it again.
How to Factory Reset an Arris Router Using Browser
Follow these steps to reset Arris Router using main menu on internet browser:
- Navigate to any internet browser on your device and on this log in to your router.
- Go to the main menu and hit on the “Utilities” option.
- Opt for “factory reset” option.
- Then the router will undergo the factory reset.
This will take two to five minutes to reset and to return to its Factory settings. After that it will turn off and then will turn on again and try to log in to the router with default username and password, once the lights have started blinking or turned on.
How to Factory Reset an Arris Router Using Button
To reset your Arris router with the help of button follow these steps:
- In your router search for a small hole with the button inside, where the reset button is located in your router.
- With a small object which is thin and has a dull edge (example : unfolded Paper Clip or ballpoint pen or it could be a sim card key ), which can be inserted into the whole easily. Insert it and hold the button down for ten seconds until it turns off.
- Within a few minutes, after reset, the router will turn back on by lighting up the Lights in the system.
- Now log in with the default username and password combination which is listed on the back of your router and configure it as you like.
How to Reset an Arris Router Using 30-30-30 Method
After rebooting or resetting still you are facing the problems you may try the 30-30-30 method as this form of reset is more effective than the rest so it is recommended to not apply until all other methods fail.
- Firstly, press down that reset button in the hole using a sim card key or ballpoint pen or paperclip for 30 seconds.
- For 30 seconds you need to unplug the router and while unplugging, keep that reset button holding down.
- Plug in the router again and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
- Release the reset button after releasing the power button.
- Then the router will reset by itself.
Once it Lights turned on, log in to your router and enter the default username and password listed on the back of your router.
You can watch their videos to get the detailed idea.
How to Factory Reset Arris Router Using Wi-Fi Access Point
In this video you will get to know how to Factory Reset your Arris Router via Wi-Fi Access Point. In this video it is shown how to reset wireless modem from Midco Arris DG3450 and configure it.
How to Configure Arris Router
Everyone wants a secure internet connection and that can be achieved by changing it’s configuration via settings in the router’s main menu. In many ways you can configure your router but from them changing username and password combination and updating the security settings (includes wireless SSID name and password changing) is the easiest way. It is recommended to have an up to date wireless Security always before connecting to a device.
In case of factory reset or you might forget the usernames and passwords in respective fields so it brings one pen and paper to jot down them before you start settings. Listed by model number, this link provides a chart with username and password combination.
How to Change an Arris Router’s Username
To change the username of your Arris Router, go through these steps:
- Firstly, log in to the Arris Router.
- Go to the main menu and to get the drop-down menu place your mouse pointer over the option “status”.
- Under “status” titled drop-down menu opt for “Security” link.
- Choose “change username” from the drop-down menu under the “Status-Security” page.
- In the “Enter Current Username” titled text box type the default username name.
- In the “Enter Current Password” named text box, type the default password.
- Now enter the new username from your end in the text box entitled “Enter New Username”. It is recommended to make username easily identifiable though not that which can be guessed easily.
- To confirm the new username type new username again in the text box labeled “Re-Enter New Username”.
- Click on the “Apply” option to save the changes.
Now the username of your Arris Router is configured and it is ready to use.
How to Change an Arris Router’s Password
After log in to your router you can change it’s password and for this follow these steps :
- After changing the router’s username go to the drop-down menu and opt for “change password”.
- Type the username of the router in the text box labeled “Enter Username” .
- In the box titled “Enter Current Password” type your default password.
- In the text box entitled “Enter New Password”, type the new password you’ve created. (It is recommended to use special characters to make it unique and more secure)
- Re-type your new password in the field titled “Re-Enter New Password” to confirm the new password and press “Apply” to save the changes.
Now your Arris Router’s password is changed and it is ready to use.
Update the Wireless Security Settings
Follow the steps to update the wireless Security settings.
- Firstly, log in to your Arris Router with help of username and password.
- Navigate to the main menu and from there click on the “Wireless” tab to get the drop-down menu. From this category click on “Primary Network Settings”.
- In the current page you will see tabs for each bandwidth which your internet supports and to change wireless settings click on a tab. For instance, for dual-bandwidth you can see two tabs : One for 2.4GHz and other for 5GHz.
- Now opt for the option “enabled” under “wireless network” domain.
- Now change the SSID name by going to the text box under the category “network name (SSID)”. This name will display whenever connecting a wireless device. It should be immediately recognized by you so it should be in a phrase.
- Now your need to enable the SSID broadcast.
- Under “wireless security” domain by clicking on the drop-down arrow you will get multiple options there but opt for “WPA/WPA2-PSK” as it offers the best Security for your network even it helps to keep safe your personal information.
- From the “encryption” field, choose “AES-TKIP” Option.
- Update the SSID password in the “passphrase” field. For your wireless connection this is the password which also may label as “Pre-Shared Key”. Well should be composed of the combination of letters, numbers, special characters and it should be a secure phrase. Just as a suggestion, you can write it down so that we don’t forget!
- Most routers consist of WPS or “WiFi-Protected Setup” button which is only compatible with WPS enabled devices and this allows you to connect devices to your wireless network without typing the Password. Well you can use this WPS feature if your wireless Security is set to WPA/WPA2.
- Now click on the “Apply” to save your made changes.
- Repeat steps 3 to 11 for another bandwidth connection, when you have a dual-bandwidth connection. Hence, they are two different connections, it is recommended to not set them with the same name but if you are using the same name for them then add a suffix to the second connection to identify them respectively.
- To update your wireless settings click on the “Apply” option.
Connect to the Internet Using WPS
After updating your Arris Router’s Settings you can connect with all your devices. It can be done by using the WPS option or by directly logging in to your devices. With any of these two methods, you can connect to any wireless devices such as computers, gaming consoles, TVs. For this :
- Go to the back of your router. Find the WPS button there and press it until it turns on.
- Now on your device find the WPS button and hold it for at least five seconds.
- Now look at your device and if you are connected to the Internet.
- Follow these steps (2 and 3) for every wireless device you want to get connected to.
Connect to the Internet Using a Device
To connect the internet using a Device follow the steps :
- You need to opt for the wireless menu on your device. It might involve the pressing on a wireless icon or you may get it by accessing the wireless menu under general settings category.
- Under this you need to search for your wireless internet connection.
- After finding, select your internet’s SSID name.
- Now enter the SSID password and then click on the “connect”.
- Now have a look at your device if it is connected to the Internet.
Now you can avail your internet access after connecting to your device. After accomplishing the basic login and configuration process (mentioned in the article earlier) your connection is secured for daily tasks including online shopping , remote work, internet searches. To apply changes in any other settings, you can take help from your user manual.
For more better understanding you can go through this video.
In this section you can find those questions which people generally ask regarding the logging process. Here you might get the concise answer of your question!
How Do I Find my Arris Router Password?
All Arris Routers have the default username and password for the router and wireless connection. You can generally find those default values at the back of your router either printed or they are listed.
How Do I Change the Password on my Arris Router?
Initially you need to log in to your router with the default username and password, which is listed at the back of the router. Go to the router’s main menu and there under the “status” menu you will find the “security” labeled option and select it.
From the drop down menu opt for “change password” and after a click type the current username and password accordingly. Then enter your new username and password as you want to be in the ” Enter new username” slot and to save changes click on the “apply” button.
How Do I Access my Arris Router Settings?
You can easily access your Arris Router Settings by logging into your router with default username and password combination which is given in the back of your router. Or else if you are already done with primary log in and configuration process then log in with your modified username and password combination. After log in you can easily access the router’s settings.
In this busy- digital life router has become an integral part of our daily life and technical issues may arise any time. So hope you have found this article helpful. Don’t forget to share your views on this or which problems faced with Arris Router and what method was useful for you. Good luck!